Optimism in the midst of a painful sometimes verging on a ridiculous kind of reality life can offer. I have fallen in love with her strength and perseverance.
*
Your decisions does not entirely reflect on your essence, on who you are as a person. Those who loves you, loves you still, shall by all means, refrain opinions and love you. Love you still.
"Make your deals, but go only as far as you can without compromising the fundamentals. And don't worry about what we, your colleagues and friends, might say behind your back. We'll talk behind your back no matter what you do. If you returned, we'd say, She's caved in; if you didn't, we'd say, She's scared of taking up the challenge. So I did what he advised, and they did talk behind my back just as they saw fit."
Part Three: James, Chapter 9, Page 182.
*
Sometimes we forget, I suppose. In the midst of chaos, we forget. Everything that went wrong, everything that fell apart is either everyone's fault. Or that it has run it's course, it is time. It is nobody's fault.
"Later, I told Nassrin that as I watched them mocking the dead student, a poem by Bertolt Brecht kept running through my mind...
...but there is a line towards the end, something like "Alas, we who wanted kindness, could not be kind ourselves.""
Part 3: James, Chapter 22, Page 210.
*
"At the time I didn't understand why I had become so dependent on these rambles. Some people take up alcohol during periods of stress, and I took up Jeff."
Part Two: Gatsby, Chapter 10, Page 106
*giggles*
And a toast to you, to a line (and lines) that rings so true :) And I love yous, to yous who would understand how true the excerpt above is.
And I, love you :)

3 comments:
totally unrelated.
but im reading 'Lolita' in Tronoh.
:)
love the excerpts btw. well chosen. :)
lend it to me please please? and the book that u mentioned the other day as well. please? :)
a toast to you too ;)
Post a Comment