Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Gold #11

I have a special place in my heart for my childhood friends.

And now more than ever, they're popping up so randomly constantly reminding me of who I was and why I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be.

Singing in high pitch voices and all.

***

An old friend came to visit quite recently.

But instead of the usual "how are you just checking up on you", he came with an apology. For something that happened too many years ago.

Being such a Linch, I teared up (surprise, surprise).

Partly because I remembered what it was like watching the parang near his neck then to his stomach. Fearing- for the first time in my young and naive life, for someone else's.

Partly because I was proud of him. Of the man he is becoming.

Mostly because this is how it should be. Appreciation of the past to a point that all you feel is thankful that things turned out the way it did. Even the scary, crappy, painful bits.

I wouldn't have it any other way.

"And there's nothing to apologize for anymore. Everything is a fond memory."

Enaiminit!

No comments: